Friday, December 10, 2010

Cross That Off The Bucket-list!

This past summer I had the oppurttunity to mark off one more goal for the my bucket list - SKYDIVING! And it was AMAZING!!!


This is Joe Jones, a good friend of mine from one of my old areas of my mission. He spends day after day jumping out of planes and training to compete in Sky Diving competitions. He is one of the Golden Knights. And I always figured if I was going to let anyone throw me out a plane, then it would be him!

The Golden Knights are the guys you would call up if you were a past president, or famous celebrity, or the guy who would bring down the football for the Superbowl. Here are a few athletes and celebrities that have put there lives in the hand of good ol' Joe Jones.

Ever Heard of Actress Justing Bateman? She has starred in over 40 titles: including Desperate House Wives, Private Practice, Psych, Arrested Development, and more.

If you follow Nascar then I'm sure you'll recognize this gentleman. When he's not jumping out of planes he's driving the #14 Office Depot/Mobil 1/Burger King Chevrolet Impala in the Nascar Sprint Cup Series.

Its a rough job when you have to take out the entire squad of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders on a skydiving adventure!

Don't mess with this guy! Its UFC Heavyweight Champ and Hall of Famer Randy Couture.

I'm sure you recognize this guy from Saturday Night Live, Caddyshack, Ghostbusters, Groundhogs Day, King Pin, The Man Who Knew To Little, Charlie's Angels, and much much more - Its BILL MURRAY!

And then their is me.....


And for someone who doesn't have as high a celebrity status as those described above - this is the kind of training you receive.


But it was all worth it!

We jumped from 13,500 feet

Dropping at speeds of 120 miles per hour

I actually happened to be Joe's 4,000th jump.
Thanks Joe for letting me have the time of my life!
Same time next year?

And just in case you think these pictures are photoshopped, be sure to check out the actual video footage below...



Next post I'll include some more still frame shots. I had an amazing photographer that jumped alongside with us.

So what do you think?! Do you see yourself jumping out a plane anytime soon?

1 comments:

Kay February 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

Yes! Yes, I do! Maybe some day I'll get the chance.

But are the jumpsuits able to hold water in case I pee myself?